John Romney is licensed in Utah and Wyoming.
Mr. Romney is a shareholder of Plant Christensen & Kanell and began his litigation and trial practice in 2001. After maintaining a general litigation practice for several years, he has spent the last dozen years focused primarily on insurance defense work in both the commercial and personal liability fields. His current practice focuses on claims involving wrongful deaths and catastrophic injuries, products liability, trucking and auto cases, bad faith litigation, premises liability, agent/broker liability, property damage, coverage disputes, and designer/architect liability.
Click the icon for more information.
Mr. Romney maintains an “AV” rating with Martindale-Hubbell for professional competence and ethics.
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, Juris Doctorate, 2001, Cum Laude.
- University of Utah, B.S., Economics, 1998 B.A., History, 1998.
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Real Estate
- Personal Injury
- Eminent Domain
- Worker’s Compensation
- Zoning and Planning
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar (all Utah courts)
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- Wyoming State Bar (all Wyoming Courts)
- United States District Court, District of Wyoming
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
American Inn of Court I, Barrister
Utah State Bar Association, Litigation Section
Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Cromwell v. A&S Constr., Inc., 2013 UT App 240, 314 P.3d 1008.
- Radakovich v. Cornaby, 2006 UT App 454, 147 P.3d 1195.
- Frito-Lay v. Utah Labor Comm'n., 2009 UT 71, 222 P.3d 55.
- Ameritech Library Servs. (DYNIX) v. Utah Labor Comm'n., 2009 UT 20, 218 P.3d 582.